Friday, March 23, 2012

Stickin To It!

A few years ago, well lets just say...when the economy sank...I began a search for great quality hair extensions that wouldn't break my clients budget. My business was not effected with the negativity of the economy. Of course I hate to hear stories of anyone losing their job! However, when we look good ... we feel good! Unfortunately women are still losing their hair, still struggling with the lack of volume and still want to pass by the mirror and smile! Yes I am the first person to say the beauty comes from the inside. But looking good on the outside sure makes for an easier ride!

Back in the day there was a method called, "Skin Wefting". Wefts of hair were attached to the natural hair with some form of cold fusion. Cold fusion can be liquid adhesives, keratin tape or links/beads.

2012 this method is called "Sticker/Panels/Tape 2 Tape/Skin Wefting/Double Sided Tape Hair". What has changed? The weft now is made in 1.5 inch panels. Pre-tapped and re-usable. When I hear the name sticker hair extensions, I am less than excited. However the concept is there. Imagine a method of hair extensions that are applied "sandwich" style. Each panel marries to the other, with a thin section of the natural hair in between.


I have been wearing this method for the past 2 years. I love the volume this method achieves. Oh and I love that it takes under an hour and re-usable. I have experienced minimal damage. To be honest the damage that is done is because I often go to bed with wet hair. I am a late night bath addict! It's impossible to keep my hair dry!

Maintenance is every 8-10 weeks. The hair (if its the right brand)is re-usable for 8+ months. I have a few clients that have re-used the panels for over a year!