Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Long And Short Of It

Hair Extensions are - in my opinion - for everyone!  For those who want to add highlights, lowlights, block coloring, volume (don't we all?), a little or a lot of length, wavy or straight texture and for some...fantasy colors.

Fantasy colors for example, are Ravens Fans who wear purple extensions during the football season.  Redskins fans rocking the red feathers.  For a hot minute feather extensions were the "IT" thing.  I have been working with feathers way before they came and left the fashion world.  I have always had nothing but love for feathers!  How unique, feminine and colorful they are.  However, they are not, in my opinion, for everyday wear.  Earrings, bracelets, headpieces and clip-ons.  Basically, the type you can take on and off.  I only know one celebrity who can pull the daily feather extensions off and that is Steven Tyler.



The bottom line is that hair extensions can give you what mother nature didn't.  As a professional stylist, I have noticed that there are times when a colorist has not taken the extra steps to protect the integrity of the clients hair.  Why over highlight and stack a whole head of foils?  Why not use the natural level as a low light and only highlight the crown region?!  I could go on but none the less.  The long and short of it is this..."Let the Extensions do the work for you!".    It saves time, protects the integrity of the natural hair and dare I say...saves money!