Monday, March 26, 2012

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

As I sit here at the airport...I look around and take in my surroundings. I quickly notice a lady reading the latest Victoria Secret Catalogue and another reading Cosmo. Earlier I was in the magazine shop and fixated on the covers of what seemed to be hundreds of magazines. Most covers have a beautiful female with perfect skin, body and hair.

Such a big shoe to fill. The need for females to live up to what appears to be the norm. To fulfill what we, as women, think men want. Or even, what we wish we would look like. A challenge when females have to work full time jobs, take care of children, membership in the PTA, non-profits and so on...

The models on 90% of the magazines are wearing Hair Extensions. False lashes, fake tan and YUP hair extensions.

The photo below is from back stage at a Victoria Secret Fashion show. The top portion of the hair extensions is sprayed with a colored power to give the appearance of a natural root line and also for undetectable extensions.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin











I also see men that have very little hair, no hair, tons of hair and one man...earlier...who had a toupee. OH I can spot them a mile away. How is it that he can't see what I can?! YIKES.

My reasoning for comparing men to women is this...and please don't hate on me for saying this. But, the facts are facts. Men CAN get away with what woman can't. If a man is bald, overweight and can make a lady laugh...chances are...he is not a lonely man. If he has a small or large resemblance of a "crome dome" aka "bald spot", BUT has cash in his wallet and a bit of wit, charm and knows how to treat a lady...HE IS NOT LONELY.

I digress. If a lady is bald, overweight and funny...she IS lonely. She probably will not leave her home. Men are not attracted to her. IF he is attracted to her, and there are few, he is one of those amazing men that loves her for her completely. The reality is black and white.

We live in this so-called perfect world. Those that grace the covers of magazines would hardly be noticed at the grocery store. Victoria Secret models do not have all that hair. I have seen the videos of what goes on back stage. I am fascinated with the whole "concept" of what Victoria Secret hair represents don't get me wrong! But what I am saying here is this...men think, society thinks...that that is her hair. They think that her low protein diet, all the time under heat lamps, wear and tear from numerous photo shoots, heat tools and over cleansing that her hair really is THAT shiny, THAT full and THAT long! WOW.

If I were to take the layers off. She would also have freckles (like most of us from sun damage), wrinkles, cellulite and much thinner dare i say shorter hair than what you would think.

For years I have said "I am like Sampson in the Bible. You cut my hair, you take my power!".

Don't judge a book by it's cover!