Saturday, March 10, 2012

Moving on Up

I often wonder if cloning is a bad thing?!  Of course I am joking.  However, the success of Studio She is fueled by this brain and these two hands/legs.

Our education program teaches the importance of Blogging.  I have experienced phone calls from blogs I wrote 5 years ago.  Those were the days, when I had adequate time to blog about hair, after care products, extensions, fad diets...

None the less.  Big things have been happening and it will take me a few months to get this blog up to par!  However, I truly feel blessed for the opportunity to share and empower women who possibly need a little pick me up.

Fast track thru 2011... We have partnered with Hello Gorgeous of HOPE!.




A non profit that selectively joins a kindred-like sister hood/salon with passion to help women feel better during a challenging time in their lives.  Letters are written in by family and loved ones.  The nomination letters detail the type of Cancer and some basic information.  This "Day of Beauty" is truly about celebrating her and her amazing strength.  The goal is to do a complete make-over so that she looks and feels great!

Basically, we shut the salon down for half a day.  The Nominee has no idea what is in store for her.    We turn the salon into a swanky spa.  Roll out the Red Carpet, light candles, chocolates hand crafted from "A Perfect Truffle", massage (for some), facial, new outfit, hair and make-up. A welcome committee awaits her arrival with flowers and balloons.  I even wear a be-dazzled shirt!  (Which, if you knew me, this is not typical of my daily jeans and chucks attire.)

She is then swept away in a limo and taken to our local favorite Italian Restaurant.  It has been more than amazing and I look forward to sharing those experiences.  Further, I will link those blogs to some of the ladies who have been an integral part of making these "Days of Beauty" a huge success.  Our next one in in a few weeks and man-oh-man is she in for a surprise.





I also started the new year with a nice fancy framed award!  National Association of Professional Women has honored me "Woman of the Year".




At first, it stayed in my office....in the original box.  Slowly it made its way into the front of the salon and now somehow I have managed to put it in the quiet area of the salon.  I am honored and humbled.  I often get teased as to why I don't hang it by my station (where I spend long days @ Studio She).  At the end of the day, I give from my heart.  Receiving such an award is like a huge pat on the back OR a possible big hug when I need one.



There is so much more to share...but then again...I truly don't think I could ever run out of things to say when it directly associates my love and passion for my career.